Come and Visit Us!
Slovenian Study Tour – 2019
Limited participation for this unique study tour opportunity.
This familiarization and Study Tour is offered only to a very restricted number of professionals, due to exclusive quality of training, information programs and availability of the most prominent tourism experts in Slovenia involved in this program. Presently we are offering this program only once a year at a fee – less than cost – with additional price deductions sponsored by our Slovenian Association and other organizations. Only a few participations are still available for this year. Please submit your request together with your email and we will process in order of submission. The study tour will address all specialty tours in our program – general tourism, heritage tourism, religious and festivals tourism, food and wine, spa and balneo resorts, historical and tradition, ecological, golf, retreats and family events, relaxation and leisure, and specific sports.
Our Signature Tour: Vineyard Cottages Tours will be specially addressed by our own Association members, owners of the vineyard cottages represented in the tour and the wine producers of our association. Our Director of the Association will introduce the participants to the most renowned wine tour in European tourism – our elite Vineyard Cottages Association Tour – the prestigious heritage wine tasting experience of supreme and unmatched quality reserved only for the ultimate wine connoisseur of the world.
Less than 10% of the large variety of Slovenian wines is available for export. Our tours bring the sophisticated wind enthusiasts to the Slovenian table to celebrate the authentic heritage of the food and wine with the local winegrower and his family. Slovenia is the recognized food and wine country of 2020! Do not miss the once in a lifetime experience.
1st day: WELCOME ON SLOVENIAN COAST
Arrival, welcome, dinner and overnight on Slovenian coast in Portorož, GH Bernardin 5*.
Before dinner a sightseeing of Lifeclass and Kempinski hotels.
2nd day: SLOVENIAN COAST and KARST (underground caves)
- After breakfast sightseeing of Piran – historical picturesque costal town
- Cruising along the Slovenian coast, fish picnic
- Škocjan Caves – Unesco World Heritage list
- Goče – a special settlement of stone houses with plenty of wine cellars; wine tasting, traditional cold cut, dinner
- Accommodation in Terme Dolenjske Toplice, Hotel Balnea 4*.
3rd day: BALNEA EXPERIENCE
- After breakfast half day pampering in Terme Krka: swimming, massages, saunas…
- In the afternoon: Berryshka – The Dolenjska Distillery and Chocholatier with excellent high quality products
- dinner with special music and traditional Slovenian cuisine from clay
- overnight in vineyard cottages.
4th Day: DOLENJSKA COUNTRYSIDE (monastery, traditional life, tourist farms, famous wine Cvicek)
- Breakfast and sightseeing in Terme Šmarješke Toplice
- Carthusian monastery Pleterje and Open Air Museum Pleterje – sightseeing, making and baking bread in the oven in traditional »black kitchen«, tasting of famous products from monastery
- Gourmet lunch, wine tasting, traditional music (accordion) on tourist farm Tomšetovi:
- Visit to Matjaz’s Homestead, presentation of life on Slovenian countryside, multivision presentation: “The story of wine”, dinner and wine tasting.
- Drive to Novo mesto, where USA first lady Melania was born: visit Dolenjska museum with an extremely reach archaeological exhibition
- The Cathedral Chapter with famous Tintoretti’s picture and crypt
- Dinner at Otočec castle and overnight in vineyard cottages.
5th day: POSAVJE (Brežice and Sevnica castle, repnice – special caves for keeping wine, sparkling wine)
- After special home-made breakfast from basket drive to Brežice castle (museum of Posavje)
- Repnica – a special cave for storing wine, wine tasting with cold cuts
- Istenič – the well-known producer of sparkling wines, wine tasting (7 samples) and lunch
- Sevnica – the town where USA first lady Melania spent her youth, short wine tasting on Sevnica castle, Melania’s cake
- Zlati grič (Golden Hill): sightseeing of golf court, wine tasting
- Dinner and overnight in Hotel Park Bled 4*
6th day: ALPINE REGION: BLED
- After breakfast sightseeing of the hotel
- Bled and castle
- Boat trip on Bled island
- Royal Bled court
- Ljubljana – The capital of Slovenia
- Dinner and overnight in Grand Hotel Union 4*
7th day: RELAX
- After breakfast sightseeing of old Ljubljana, funicular on the castle, entrances
- Lunch on the castle (3 dishes, 3 wines)
- Return home
9123 N. Military Trail Suite 200
Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
M – F : 8am–5pm
Sat : 11am–6pm
Sun : Closed